Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kids: Star Wars Droid Twins


The Burton Twins as Star Wars Droids at Celebration V

The girls are the daughters of Juiceman1138 and costume designer humblebumbleb, who writes:

"The base of the dresses is sewn using New Look pattern # 6878. It's a quick and easy pattern that I make for my girls for every holiday and event. The dresses were then embellished with puff paint. That's right, the same thing we all used when we were 10 years old to paint on everything, it is one of my favorite craft supplies. A little felt here and there for R2's panel, and finished the outfits off with little bow head bands from the left over fabric.

I wanted to make my girl's "costumes" that I knew they would be comfortable in and wear all day and that would be cute and girly."




Photo by Jenny Elwick
"My girls!!!! I should have stood up for the photo too, I have on a shirt that says Droid Factory (cause we are expecting another baby). And my hubby had on a shirt that said "These aren't the droids you're looking for. Super fun day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment