Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gallery: Chell from Portal (Part 2)


Via: Flickr

Cristina Gomez as Chell @ Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) 2008

Although Chell's origins are unknown, she was most definitely among the people present during GLaDOS's activation in 200-, as GLaDOS locked down the facility after her activation, letting none escape, or be let in from the outside.



Via: DeviantArt

My other favourite photo of my Chell costume. 8D It was really hard walking on the balls of my feet all night. .__.


Via: Flickr


Via: DeviantArt

SMOULDER FOR US BABY! Fallen-ninja and i bein SEXY



New York Comic Con 2010 and New York Anime Festival 2010.


Via: DeviantArt

GamingGoddess as Chell From Portal

Taken at KitaCon III - Hilton Hotel, Birmingham

Didn't have a lot of time to take this as this corridor was seeing heavy use sadly, pretty sure I could've gotten the lighting to look better if I'd played around a bit but at least reasonably happy it has a sort of Aperture Science look to it rather than random hotel shortcut corrior


Via: Flickr


Via: DeviantArt


Via: Flickr


Via: DeviantArt

This is a photo of my portal cosplay taking by the wonderful many lemons (nert). The jump suit was modified but the gun and heel springs self made. This is version 1.0 so there are a lot of things I am looking to change but hoping to have version 2.0 ready for expo.


Via: Flickr


Via: DeviantArt

I made the jumpsuit myself. Modifying patterns isn't easy! The only drawback to my first ever jumpsuit is that it's not stretchy material, and because Chell's jumpsuit was so fitting, I have no give. Bending over was rather... difficult since you're trying not to rip the jumpsuit while still trying to pick your things up, while the fabric is not letting you move much either way.

My sister made the leg springs, and her and my dad made a quick but cosmetically alright looking portal gun. It doesn't look too much like the in-game gun because we needed it to be held.

P.S.: We made two (even 4) of everything, because me and my sister were going to have travel portals to pose in since we're similar in build and appearance. The bad news, we didn't get our transportable portals made in time. But we still had FUN!


Via: Flickr


Via: DeviantArt

Chell from Portal, complete with a not-bad Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device.


Via: Flickr

Chell experiencing the sudden onset of penis envy.


Chell (from Portal) by Revierypone
Taken at Anime Boston 2010
Via: Cosplay.com

This is the first costume I have actually made. I love how the braces came out and the costume. Not a huge fan of the gun, but for a first attempt I'm not too disappointed. Yes that is a companion cube purse. Made by my friend!


Via: Flickr

Chell from Portal! Very nicely made.


Chell (from Portal) by Taco Attack
Via: Cosplay.com

My fingers are still numb from carrying the gun, and I have third degree burns from gluing the heel springs to my legs. It was sooooo worth it.


Via: Flickr


Via: Flickr


Via: Flickr


Via: Flickr


Via: Flickr

I love getting tapped on the shoulder and then turning around to find Chell and an adorable fuzzy companion cube. We had fun chatting about how much we're looking forward to Portal 2.

Great cosplay :D



No comments:

Post a Comment