Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rogue


This weekend I had a last minute change of plans. My sister had been planning to go down to ComiKaze Expo, and I had no ticket or money to go. Last minute my other sister decided she didn't want to go so she gave her ticket to me! OAO I was so shocked and surprised. It threw me off guard at first. I've been sick all week and had no cosplays to wear. So I got off my bed and finished up my Rogue cosplay. I'll tell you, it was damn worth it.



Dressing up as Rogue was the most fun I have ever had in cosplay. I hate to sound conceited but I felt like a celebrity with how many people wanted a photo of or with me. At one point a group of people had lined up and I was literally stuck in one place for 30 minutes.

I’ve never had so much attention and never shared so much love over a fandom with people I just met. I hugged several people who confided Rogue as their favorite character and it made my heart soar with happiness because of how dear she is to me as well.



The best part was meeting other cosplayers. There were so many Marvel verse people hanging around which made me so giddy. I was truly so happy that people were impressed by my costume. After searching around tumblr and finding some amazing Rogue cosplayers my confidence was a little down, but at the con I felt right at home. People told me all I needed was the accent and I was truly Rogue in their eyes. I even shared a hug with an older man who confessed he’s loved Rogue since her first appearance in the Marvel verse.



Thank you all so much. I am truly HONORED for being praised so much this weekend. I never thought I would be able to have such a wonderful time and meet such amazing people. I have to apologize for giving everyone the signature “blow kiss” pose, but I was truly in love with everyone who approached me. I couldn’t stop smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment